Build a version¶
- Pick a release name for the next version
Releases are versioned using the
- Update the release notes on the What’s New page
Check the git log for changes since the last release.
- Tag the branch
Use the format of
git tag datacube-1.6.0 git push --tags
- Draft a new release on the Datacube releases GitHub page
Include the items added to the release notes in step 2.
Marking it stable¶
Once a built version has been tested, found to be stable, and the team agrees, we make it the new stable version.
- Merge changes leading up to the release into the stable branch
This will also update the stable docs.
- Update conda-forge recipe
Follow the instrucions under Updating datacube-feedstock in the Datacube Feedstock repository.
It should involve modifying the version number in the recipe and updating the SHA hash. The hash should be generated from the
.tar.gzmentioned in the
sourceof the recipe.
openssl sha256 <downloaded-datacube-source.tar.gz>