Build a version¶
- Pick a release name for the next version
- Releases are versioned using the
- Update the release notes on the What’s New page
- Check the git log for changes since the last release.
- Tag the branch
- Use the format of
- Draft a new release on the Datacube GitHub repository
- Include the items added to the release notes in step 2.
- Mark the version as released in Jira
- Move any open issues to the next version.
- Install the datacube module on raijin
- Follow the instructions on installing the Data Cube module on the Datacube Environment repository, but do not yet make it the default module version.
Marking it stable¶
Once/if a built version has been tested on Raijin, found to be stable, and the team agrees, we make it the new default stable version.
- Merge changes leading up to the release into the stable branch
This will also update the stable docs
Upload the build to PyPi.
python setup.py sdist bdist_wheel twine upload dist/*
- Update conda-forge recipe
Follow the instrucions under Updating datacube-feedstock in the Datcube Feedstock repository
- Update the default version on raijin
Follow the instructions under Update default version in the Datacube Environment repository
- Notify the community of the release using the Datacube Central mailing list
Ask Simon Oliver for the MailChimp details.